A day-by-day log of all our progress, achievements and sometimes, our setbacks.
The S.A.R.T. Development Blog
A day by day log of our progress, achievements and sometimes, our setbacks!
Day 185 – Partner Helps S.A.R.T. Shake off the Shackles of Slow Sites
When we graduated St Francis Xavier College in 2017, we didn’t think we’d be back here writing a blog so soon. The great wheel that...
Day 184 – Stopping Servos
An issue we’ve commonly faced while operating our robot is that the servos will keep spinning if the script crashes or if we exit the...
Day 183 – Autonomy In Motion
Now that we have a rather nice PID controller, it’s time to test it! Enjoy responsibly Using just a PID controller alone, we can implement...
Day 182 – Centering with a PID Controller
On our way to autonomy, one of the things we need to have is the ability for the robot to center itself left and right...
Day 181 – Catching Shiny Hubs
In light of the recent drop test debacle, we’ve decided on a new infill pattern for the wheel hub. The infill that we used for...
Day 180 – Drop Test!
The S.A.R.T. performed a drop test! We were pretty sure our robot would survive, but we’d never done a proper test before. We figured, now...
Day 179 – Semi-Autonomous At Last!
Here at S.A.R.T., we are immeasurably proud to anounce our robot is, at long last, semi-autonomous. You can watch the robot in action and in...
Day 178 – Servo Servicing II
As I talked about in a previous post, half of our servos weren’t working. Of course, I was going to try to fix them before...
Day 177 – Custom USB Board
One of our other major issues in Canada were the USB ports. Due to the small size of our robot, we needed to have right...